Ribbon-cutting at the June 2007 community-wide celebration of the Home’s construction project and infrastructure enhancements.
Recent achievements include:
- Board and staff alignment on vision and mission, as well as operating values and principles
- Creation of Jewish Home & Senior Living Foundation
- Successful completion of $55-million “Fulfilling Our Promise” Comprehensive Campaign
- Successful completion of Jewish Home’s new construction project and infrastructure enhancements
- Development of Moldaw Family Residences at 899 Charleston and the first foray into regionalization
- Development of community collaborations in education
- Inauguration of first annual board retreat
- Implementation of board self-assessment tool
- Development of clearly-defined board roles and responsibilities and its relationship to senior management
- Development and implementation of new board orientation program
- Development and implementation of conflict of interest guidelines
- Creation of a Governance Restructuring Committee
- Analysis and evaluation of the Jewish Home’s current capital structure and financial profile
Strategic goals for the next five years include:
- Create and develop a network of affiliated, regionalized senior living offerings to better serve current residents and to extend services to
new and emerging clients.
- Restructure the organization and associated governance to match the needs, and more effectively manage today and into the future.
- Refine the Jewish Home of San Francisco’s master site plan to realign the Home’s national reputation for quality and innovation into modern centers of excellence.
- Create an organizational culture that embraces change, enriches the quality of life for its clients, staff, and volunteers, and is committed to excellence.
- Explore, capture, and create opportunities for new sources of human
and financial resources to achieve these goals.