We provide an enjoyable and satisfying work environment, as evinced by the significant number of persons with 20 or more years of employment at the Home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in every way. Our multicultural, multi-ethnic, and multi denominational staff reflects the cultural richness of the Bay Area.
We support our employees by offering a competitive benefits package that addresses a varied range of employee health and wellness needs.
Security Guard (On-Call)
The security guard is responsible for greeting and directing individuals entering the Jewish Home, as well as answering phone calls and screening visitors. This position is also responsible for maintaining safe and secure environment for all residents, patients, visitors, staff and the facility against fire, theft, vandalism, trespassing, or other potential safety concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience as a security guard
- Valid California Guard Card
- Ability to work weekends and evenings required
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of MS Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience providing written reports
- Physical ability to continually patrol grounds
Social Worker – Acute Geriatric Psychiatry Unit
The social worker is responsible for accessing patients on admission to the acute geriatric psychiatry unit, and completes reassessments at prescribed intervals in accordance with applicable federal, state and local guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or psychology required. Master’s degree in social work or gerontology, preferred
- MSW/LCSW, preferred
- One year’s experience working with psychiatric patients
- One year’s experience in discharge planning knowledge or experience in a geriatric setting
- Experience in the coordination of services throughout the continuum of elder care services
- Management of assaultive behavior (MAB) competency, preferred
- Knowledge of social services agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as related to patient rights and confidentiality
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Knowledge of MS Office (specifically Outlook, Word and Excel) and electronic medical records program (HealthMEDX)